Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Too good to be true?

The wedding dress shopping as continued!  This time I was joined by my mother, youngest sister (MOH) and my grandmother.  We had a blast!  But I will say it was exhausting!

What I expected at these boutiques:
- champagne
- to look stunning in every dress
- the "ooo"s and "ahh"s
- to find THE dress
- to hate my body
- Super expensive dresses

What actually happened:
-No champagne
-All dresses are size 10 so if you don't fit that don't consider going in.  I fit most of the size 10's unless it was a tight fitting dress (mermaid).  My hips are not a size 10.
-A few "ooo"s and "ahhs" but more "hurry up" "What's taking so long" and then blank stares
-Did not find THE dress
-I definitely did hate my body at the end of it all
- Pricing was all over the place.  LuLu's was around $800 (similar to David's Bridal!), Stellas was $2,000 and up and Couture Bridal in Addision was in the middle. 

A few photos of the dresses that didn't make the cut:
I really really love this dress, but I can only wear one...so this didn't make the cut

My family really liked this dress, but the train was too short for me and it was too simple


I like the pleating on this dress and the train, but wasn't that big of a fan
This is my DREAM dress, from that last post.
 Obviously the mermaid look didn't work here but it's not custom fit to my body.
The family did not like this dress, but this does look similar to the dress I will be wearing.

I took some time following my 2 day dress fest and thought about each dress.  Then I looked in the pictures at the dresses....because at the end of the day all you will do it look at the pictures right?  If it didn't look good in pictures I didn't want to consider it.  If the details that I loved about it didn't come out in the photos, I didn't want to pick it.  I had a freak out moment that my MOH, Shaena, helped me through when I thought I needed to find another dress because none of the ones I tried on where 'The One'.

And finally I made up my mind.  I am getting the dress I tried on in Amarillo with my fiance's sister.  I loved that dress the minute I put it on and I love that my future Sister-in-Law was there to pick it out with me. 

And then this website came in to my e-mail inbox from my uncle:  www.dressilyme.com  I quickly visited this site (as I hope you will) and I noticed almost every dress I tried on is on this website! (expect for the LuLu dresses)  Even my Amarillo dress!  And this website isn't charging me the $1200 Amarillo is charging.  It's only $200!!! 

I'm thinking this is too good to be true!  But I'll let you know when I get my dress.  I totally ordered it!  I ordered standard size from dressilyme and I'll have the alternations done here.  If I don't like it, I have 5 days to return it (returns are easier if you order standard size).  Not a lot of time to return, but it will be in here in 20 days so I'll have plenty of time for pictures!  All the salons I went to said it would take 3-6 months to get in.  Hopefully Dressilyme works out and I don't have to order from a boutique because it will definitely be a RUSH order!  
Wish me luck!

Living Life to the Fullest in a white dress!

-Rachel



No comments:

Post a Comment