Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Laughter is the best


This guy is hilarious.  Last night we had a huge giggle fest.  Let's just say I was taking myself WAY to seriously and he was being a gentleman by keeping his mouth shut.  Then, he bursts out laughing explaining to me that how silly I looked being so serious.  Instead of getting upset I burst out laughing too! Thinking, why be serious when you can be fun!

This story may be a "had to be there moment" but I'll share with you:

I HATE bugs.  This weekend we were at a party that used old potato bags as the table cloths.  Well there were flies ALL OVER the tables because they still smelled like dirt or potatoes, I have no clue.  It was so gross for someone who hates bugs like me.  Well last night there was a fly in the house.  I was trying to ignore it, but I couldn't take it anymore.  So while JM is sitting at the dining room table I yell "FLY! DON'T MOVE!" I grab a hand towel and slowly creep over to the fly.  I start slowly moving my arms, winding up for the big hit.  JM says I was licking my lips looking like a crazy lady.  I ended up killing the fly and being so proud of myself.  Then I look at him and he's cracking up!  He starting mimicking what I was doing and he looked hilarious!  I had to laugh.  I wish I could find a youtube video as an example.  Just visualize one of those old black and white movies with the batter winding up and taking himself way too seriously and when the ball comes he misses and everyone laughs.  That's what happened.  I looked ridiculous and he couldn't help but laugh....and I couldn't help but join in!

He saw the funny in the moment and I'm laughing just remembering that moment!

I'm so blessed to have this goof ball by my side for the rest of our lives. 

What have you laughed about recently?

Living life to the fullest and laughing along the way!

-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment