Thursday, July 19, 2012

Enough about the wedding....

I'm sorry about the wedding overload.  Last weekend I was overloaded with wedding and I just wanted to share.  I do live a normal life when I'm not wedding planning.  But I'm honestly forgetting what that normal life is about. 

Just the other day I was drooling over my mom's iPad hinting to my fiance that I wanted one.  No, I NEEDED one.  For what? For wedding planning of course! ;)  But then I came to my senses and realized I can't afford an iPad with the additional internet line on my phone bill, until I pay for the wedding.  Catch 22.  I'll do without the iPad....

Then, today at work my boss sent out this reflection.  So now I'm thinking maybe I don't need an iPad and I definitely shouldn't want one.  Read on...

Burden and YokeI live in a part of the country where most people are “unchurched.”
That seems very obvious driving
to Mass on Sunday morning: the streets are nearly empty.
Most folks, I’m sure, are still snug in bed.
So what’s this in today’s Gospel about “my yoke is easy and my burden light”?

Part, I think, has to do with values and goals.
As a Catholic, it should be easy for me to determine what’s valuable and what isn’t.
I don’t have to chase after the latest and greatest and don’t have to feel bad because I don’t own it.
My goal isn’t the nicest home or best car.
The “burden” placed on me is to do God’s will for me.
And that’s a “yoke” that’s been custom-made to fit me, for a lifetime.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, help me know and do Your will.
- Michelle Dodd (OSV)
Are you on the road toward Heaven?


Living Life to the Fullest, according to God's will not mine.

-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment