Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Birthday Boy

Still talking about the weekend,
We finally arrived back home and enjoyed dinner with my parents.  Chuy’s birthday is Tuesday and my family was so kind in celebrating his birthday with him while he was in town.  They made his favorite, a lemon cake.  Word to the wise: if you want something to be a surprise, do not tell my dad.  They made the cake Saturday, but we were going to celebrate on Sunday.  But as soon as Chuy walked in my dad said “Did you see your cake?” so much for surprise. 

As soon as Chuy knew there was a cake in the room he couldn’t keep his eyes off it!  He even asked my dad if we had another refrigerator which my dad replied “No” so Chuy suggested we eat the cake now because it probably won’t fit back in the fridge. 
So we ate the cake Saturday….

As the family is singing happy birthday and Chuy is ready to blow out his candles, the cameras are ready.  I step in and ask my sister to take a picture of Chuy and I with his first birthday cake at the our house.  To which my mother grabs me and pulls me out of the picture saying “It’s not your birthday!  Don’t steal the spot light Rachel!” and she makes Chuy blow out his candles while her nails dig into my skin keeping me from him as I scream “I’m going to be his wife!” and she replies “Not yet!!”  oh my, only my family, only my family….  Chuy thought it was hilarious but he did really want a picture of the two of us celebrating his birthday.  Next year I’ll be sure not to sit by my mother ;)

Following the HUGE dinner we shared, salmon, saffron rice, strawberry spinach and feta salad, lemon cake with lemon simple syrup and berry compote…we all fittingly passed out on the couches.  It was a snore-fest with Chuy, my dad and me.  I didn’t wake up and move to my bed until 11pm.  That's when you know life is good.



Living Life to the Fullest with a loving and fun family.
-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment