Friday, March 23, 2012

Smitten by Spanx

PLEASE tell you you've read Forbes magazine before.  And you were totally bored with most of the articles unless they mentioned the mansions or the luxury vacations right?  No?  Just me?

If it's not the fancy things that catch your eye, maybe it's the social responsibility articles you like.  Millionaires make money by not screwing up environment or employees lifestyles and actually pay fair wages! (it's like finding a needle in a haystack but good guys do exist) I like those articles but everything else is SO boring.  Wow, a rich white guy gets richer?  Wow an old white guy gives his company to his son, who would have thought....I'd rather learn about the underdog.  Because, let's face it, I'm the underdog. 

So as I'm sitting at the doctor last Thursday I began to read the World's Billionaires of 2012 issue.  I officially have my first girl crush.  Sara Blakey created my FAVORITE accessory.  Not shoes, not a new purse, it doesn't even have anything to do with diamonds.  She created SPANX and became a billionaire in the process.


If you are a woman and you enjoy working and making money.  Or if you are at a point in your life and you are thinking there is SO much more you can do and you just don't know what it is.....read this article! 

Sara was doing fine.  She had a great sales job and excelled at her job!  But wearing panty hose in the Florida heat did not cut it for her.  She loved the control top, but not the sweaty legs.  She needed a product that nobody was making.  Her confidence from her sales job and her business background propelled her into the youngest woman self-made billionaire in this issue.  Please please please read this.  Go to the doctor and read it there!  Or buy a freakin' issue.  I hope she inspires you.  Like I said, I'm in love with her confidence and her drive to excellence!



Another thing I learned from this issue: Walmart execs are so freaking rich they make up something like 5 out of the top 10 USA billionaires.  Boycotting Walmart will not save the starving children.  They are 'Too Big to Fail'. 
     Warren Buffet, Christy Walton, Jim Walton, Alice Walton, S. Robson Walton


Living Life to the fullest finding inspiration in underwear!

No comments:

Post a Comment