Friday, March 23, 2012

The Red Roof House

Since I posted about my Blue Roof House yesterday, I wanted to share with you another piece of real estate in the West Texas area I'm in love with.  This is my Red Roof House.  Technically it's not MINE, but it's my dream home.  It's been for sale for quite a while and I've been praying for a miracle, but God has other plans! 

I just saw online that it's *contract pending* and The Man has assured me he's not the one in contract.  So sad... 

All the information below is from the realtor's website: http://www.scottlandcompany.com/properties/rwdhideaway/index.shtml All Rights Reserved, etc.
So if you want to be a really great friend, feel free to put in a bid on it!  I'll let you stay in the master bedroom every time you visit!!


Stats:
316 acres more or less
House Built in 2006 (most homes in this area are MUCH older than this)
3,346 sq.ft. main area -  400 sq.ft. basement - 926 sq.ft. garage
Brick/Austin Stone exterior

I do wish it had SOME landscaping






The great room has a vaulted ceiling with cedar beams/panels and a double-sided fireplace which also opens to the study/formal living room.












The great room is also open to the kitchen which has granite counter-tops, natural wood cabinets with rustic appeal hardware and lighting, the island/bar with a granite top and a great pantry.




















The high-end, stainless, appliances include a double oven, modern gas cook-top, dishwasher and built-in refrigerator.





There is also a formal dining room as well as a breakfast nook.






 The master suite has large windows with a great view.






The master bath has a separate shower and tub, granite counter-tops and a large walk-in closet.
















The additional two bedrooms are also suites with great closet space.















There is a finished basement, separate utility room with a sink, lots of storage and an attached three car garage.










Basements are SUPER cool to this city girl!


Doors from the master suite and great room lead to the back patio which also includes an outdoor fireplace.





















The home features gorgeous wood, brick tiled and carpet flooring, modern light fixtures, ceiling fans in most rooms, two geo-thermal heating/cooling systems, a new domestic well and septic system.





Utility/Laundry Room, so many Pinteresting ideas in my head for this space!





GREAT Foyer...Love love love!





Realtor says "It is very hard to find a property that has the aesthetic appeal of this one west of I-27."
SO true!





The home is situated so that most of the year there is no direct sun coming into the windows. Every room with a view of the striking landscape. The remainder of the property is expired CRP and native grass along the draw.





a Quonset barn with lean-to, cattle working pens and hydraulic chute.
I would totally turn this into a party barn





This property is surrounded by sprinkler irrigated farmland and has Base acres in Corn, Cotton and Wheat.










That's West Texas for ya





I would consider this a 'hill' in West Texas






The home with 21 acres may be purchased apart from the remainder of the property or the property may be purchased in whole.  $500,000 for 21 acres or $750,000 for all 316 acres.





I am in LOVE with this house....I hope I meet the new residents and become their best friends.  This is easily one of the best properties in this part of the state.

http://www.scottlandcompany.com/properties/rwdhideaway/index.shtml


<>This house is not mine to make memories in, YET.  But I'll keep praying!<>

source
Living Life to the fullest, with faith in God's timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment