Monday, December 19, 2011

And then there were none

My Brussels Griffon, Ranger, was neutered last week.  He is so hyper and humps everything, I really thought this was going to change that.  I heard about a FREE neutering via Twitter a while back and I called to see if Ranger would qualify.  Unfortunately they had filled up their quota for small male dogs.  However, they did offer a $20 neuter service through their PALS program.  I was quoted $200+ from my vet.  When I was in San Antonio I got my other dog neutered for around $30 because they based the cost on your income, and I was a waitress, so I was poor.  I'm not so poor anymore, but I'm still stingy so I wanted a good alternative.  

We ended up at the TCAP they have inexpensive vaccines and everything!  They are located in Fort Worth, Burleson and Denton (where Ranger and I went) but they also have mobile vaccines that you probably see around the DFW metroplex.  We are really fortunate to have these opportunities so close by.  Out in west Texas, where I've been spending alot of my time, there aren't as many resources like this.


Poor Ranger was drugged up when we left the clinic, which was nice on the 1 hour car ride home.  When we got home, he was so confused by the cone on his head he got stuck facing a wall and couldn't figure out where to go.  Poor thing!


He was also a little aggressive while still on the medication, which I wasn't aware was going to happen.  (If I had read my post-Op instructions I would have found this out).  I did noticed I treated him like a baby more than he needed.  I thought he couldn't reach the food in his bowl so I hand fed him, but I missed a piece on the floor and he was able to reach that!  I also carried him up the stairs, but the next day he ran right up like nothing had happened.  A nice life lesson for me when it comes to the next living thing I take care of.  Whatever and when ever that is!  

No comments:

Post a Comment