Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cupcake for breakfast

Last night I fell asleep to the sound of rain on my window. 
pit  pat  pit   pat  pit   pat 

This morning I woke up unable to see the sun through that same window, instead only dark rain clouds.  I prepared for my walk to work by stuffing my dress pants into my pink knee high rain boots, buttoning up my rain coat and not even attempting anything special with my hair - humidity wins on this one.

I took all the precautions - I stayed under awnings whenever possible, I avoiding being splashed by cars driving through puddles, I even sacrificed my short cut through the grass just to ensure I wouldn't slip and fall. I stuck to the sidewalk and made it into my office nice and dry.

Headed up the stairs, changed shoes, went to the copy room, poured a cup of water from the water cooler and then... SPLAT my cup of water falls from my hand - water flows all over my pant leg and even shoots up and hits me in the face!!  So much for staying dry today....

that is why I had a cupcake for breakfast

.

No comments:

Post a Comment