Thursday, June 17, 2010

If you bring an accountant a muffin.....

A couple weeks ago I came into work starving! I could not concentrate on my work and I needed something to eat immediately!  I raided the break room to no success and the rumbling in my stomach could be heard down the hall!  An accountant heard my agony (I'm so dramatic!) and offered me her muffin.  She had stopped by a near-by deli and bought a breakfast sandwich and a muffin.  She had eaten the sandwich, but wasn't going to eat the muffin.  I accepted and gobbled that muffin up!  p.s. This was also my first time to eat a muffin with butter - umm YUM.

Yesterday, I was in a great mood and arrived extra early for work.  I decided to stop by a deli to purchase a muffin to repay the accountant.  I walked in to the office feeling good about returning the favor.  I waited for her to walk by my office and surprised her with the repayment muffin.  She was very grateful.  However, everyone else in my office was upset I didn't offer them a muffin or bring them anything. 

Moral of the story: If you bring an accountant a muffin, bring enough for the entire office!

Photo courtesy of: http://www.sxc.hu/photo/589153

No comments:

Post a Comment