Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Why Women hate cars

Everyone dislikes things they don't understand such as: dumb people, taxes, and for women - cars.

I just don't understand why we are supposed to pay $20k++ on an item that we KNOW will break down.  We KNOW it will need new tires at one point and it WILL need oil every few months and it might just stop STOP WORKING all together one day and they only way to fix it is to get screwed over by a man who thinks you're in idiot for not changing the oil (which you are - well, I am) 

I just don't get it.  When I buy a new pair of pants it comes with extra buttons in case one button falls off and when I buy a new phone it comes with at least a 2 year warrenty in which I can take it back for a brand new phone....those 2 years are just enough time for technology to change and a new phone/contract to be purchased and signed.  But the hunk of metal I call my car needs gas EVERYDAY and I have to change the oil every 30,000 miles...(isn't gas made from oil - why both?) and heaven forbid the tires go flat - it may be one tire, but they sell you 4 anyways! 

When you purchase a car we should get extra tires along with a 2 year supply of gas and maybe some of that stupid oil.  I doubt it really costs 20k to actually make those cars - how much is pure profit anyways?  Save the flashy super bowl commercials for someone else - I'd like to buy mine wholesale. 

Ok, I know the 'gas' you put in your phone is the electricity and I do pay my electic bill but still.  My legs aren't broken and after I use my car to move me into my new house, I'm locking the doors and letting the birds have it- as I walk to work everyday! 

go urban.

No comments:

Post a Comment