Monday, December 20, 2010

Rise Up

"Surround yourself with people who fill your gaps. Let them do the stuff they’re better at so you can do the stuff you’re better at."

I read this quote in a blog and it reminded me of my life goal to "keep company with those you admire"

After moving to Dallas, being near my family and my dear friends I still feel like something is missing.  And it's not a boyfriend.  There's a piece of my life that should be full and it's not (again, it's not my "love tank" lol).  I have a job, a dog, a healthy lifestyle but --- it's on the tip of my tongue and I can not figure out what it is!!! 
Option a) volunteering. In college I was in a community service fraternity and a religious group that had service as a core element.  It was a part of my everyday life.  I'm ashamed to say, now it's just a part of my past
Option b) dancing.  I haven't been out dancing in FOREVER and I keep finding myself tapping my foot and swaying my shoulders when a good tune is in the air.  I love the teamwork that goes into a dance number!  Not to mention the adrenaline and endorphines that keep you wanting more!
Or Option c)  my independence.  In the past 6 mths I went from living in a 1 bedroom home with me and my dog to living in a 4 bedroom home with me, my dog, 4 family members, and 2 cats.  In a household that eats together, plays together and stays together, it's difficult to find time for myself.
So while I try to gain back my independence and pursue a passion of volunteering while dancing to my heart's content.....I will keep company with those who are happily independent, driven to volunteer and those who make GREAT dancing partners!  And (getting back to the quote) if I find that I'm no good at either of those things, I'll be sure to surround myself with people who are!

Any takers?

-Rachel
Living life to the fullest, surround by people I admire

No comments:

Post a Comment