Monday, November 1, 2010

Why I love Bloggers

Today I caught up on some blogs.  It is amazing how relevant the blogs I follow are to my current life situation. 

A few examples:

Can You See the Future? written by a dear friend and mini-San Antonio celebrity, Nan Palmero
I love that Nan chose to share these words of inspiration with us.  I find myself encouraging others and was recently told by a friend: "I miss you, you inspire me to be a better version of myself".  I love Nan's title for this blog because while relationships (friends, family or business) are built on the past it is more important to build them FOR the future.  Please visit Nan's article and be inspired!!

Pumpkin Beer - warning, article title is a teaser!  This is written by another San Antonio friend, Choco Valdez.  It was nice to read that he and I share similar views about trying new things.  His main point is as follows: "Now, when someone asks me to try something new, like pumpkin beer, ... I jump at the chance to go because I know I will meet/see someone interesting, or get to experience something different."  I've written a blog about this point and it's nice to see that a) someone else feels the same way I do and b) I have people in my life who value the same things I do.  (kinda proves I'm not crazy)

I am a runner written by a woman I only know from Social Media outlets but she is a woman I find relating to on many different levels.  We have a mutual friends, she works at my past University, loves cooking and eating food and is a active member of my past San Antonio social media life.   This blog was an amazing read for me!  If you're a struggling runner like me, considering reading this blog and relating to her struggles and inspiration!

If you enjoy these reads please consider following my friends' blogs!

1 comment:

  1. Rachel,
    Thanks for including me in this post! I'm glad you liked it and you like the blog too. To answer your question, I just started running last year, and I'd never really run before that. I started running spring last year, and I ran the Rock n Roll half marathon last November. I'm running it again this year. I've only been training for this one a couple weeks, and I'm pretty sure I'll be OK. Lots of people don't train for half-marathons at all. The adrenaline and the cheering takes you a lot farther than you think. So if there's a half marathon near you, you should sign up for it and do it!

    I struggle a lot with running, but I really do love it. For me, the way I feel after a run is what makes me do it.

    Thanks for reading,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete